Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

My house/car keys were missing from a checked backpack that

Customer Question

my house/car keys were missing from a checked backpack that was inspected on Sept.10, 2015. I checked in the bag at the Las Vegas airport, flying Jet Blue. The bag was routed through Long Beach to Sacramento. I have thoroughly searched both of my checked bags and have talked with the last two hotels in which we stayed. I remember putting the keys in a zippered section of the bag and they were not there upon my arrival home.
My concern is that the bag has my home address, with the keys anyone can access my home and my automobile.
Is there a Lost & Found that could possibly have the keys? I do believe they were purposely removed by a bag handler.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your keys.

The first thing I would do is change the locks on your house and have your car's lock/key changed, as well.

You can file a claim for something stolen/missing from a checked bag, through both the TSA and the airline/airport and also check their lost and found. You didn't mention the airport you flew out of in Las Vegas, so you can fill in that information. Click HERE for more information about lost and found. Also, click HERE for information on getting your claim submitted, including a contact phone number.

You can also get help from the TSA Contact Center by calling: ***-***-****

Hours:

Weekdays:
8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET

Weekends/Holidays:
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET

---------------------------------------

I hope this helps and you are able to find your keys!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively, as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time, to ask for clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher