Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

We are trying to have a house built a judgment came up with

Customer Question

We are trying to have a house built a judgment came up with the title company I have tried to locate this bank to settle but they are out of business & when I look up the case number ***** my county it says no records found I don't know know where to go from here
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What someone in your situation wants to do is to challenge the judgment either via a QUIET TITLE suit or a BILL OF REVIEW suit (depending on the nuances of the situation). What this will do is essentially challenge the validity of the judgment. The hope here is that since the bank is out of business, it or its successor/appointee/etc will not even bother to reply, and if so, the judgment may be dropped by the Court, giving one a clear title.

NOTE that there are ways to sue a company even if it has gone out of business and an attorney can help you with this. If they do not respond in time, one can get a default judgment and this may be over very quickly.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.