How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9394
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad passed away and left semi illegal guns in my moms

Customer Question

My dad passed away and left semi illegal guns in my moms house and my abusive husband threatens me that if I call the police on him he will report the guns. My mom has been meaning to get rid of the guns but doesn't know of a legal way to do so without implicating herself. She's out of town now and my husband has been threatening me all day and my friend called the cops on him and I don't know what to do about the guns.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Please tell me in which State the firearms are located.

I need that information in order to determine what law applies to this situation. I think I have a solution to the problem, but I need to be sure so I don't post inaccurate information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

Under California law, the identity of a client can be held to be privileged, see

One solution would be to bring the items to an attorney and have the attorney turn them in to law enforcement. Better yet, have the attorney give the items to a second attorney without disclosing their source, than have the second attorney turn them in.

I hope this information is helpful.