How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118061
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No Subject) Dianne Krone 8:56 AM [Keep this message at the

Customer Question

No Subject)
Dianne Krone
8:56 AM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: ***** *****
I'm currently getting evicted from my apartment. I Had a bad lawyer who never bothered to read my monthly bills necessities. I'm Disabled and I can't afford to work in order to pay my own bills. I Also tried several avenues to pay my rent with no avail. I even tried taking out personal loans with my new 1000 a month in alimony. The Judge sicked the GAL on me. I Was wondering if there's some way I can explain this to the GAL. Not having acceptable housing. I'm lucky if I can end up in an extended-stay hotel. Or try to shop for only one bedrroom apartments, they are more affordable in my area?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you presented your financial statement to the GAL yet? Have you gotten a new attorney (I know money is tight, but legal aid and also the state bar and local law schools have lawyers who will represent disabled and poor people for low or no cost in cases like this?

Have you asked for a meeting with the GAL yet?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm Still waiting on the gal. I've already tried qualifying for legal aide. I fail the qualification of being a domestic abuse survivor. I Believe I've found a new attorney. He works through a church. I can't talk to him about it because he has his appointment times at the church from 9:00 until 11:00 next Wednesday. That's too late for me. I'm Getting evicted Wednesday. I Need some legal advice now. I'm Still not divorced yet. I've only had the Arbitration and a temporary hearing.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to call the church and explain to them that you need to get in touch with him because of the urgent nature of the situation.

You also need to get your bank statements and copies of all of your bills together and you need to schedule a meeting with the GAL and go in to their office and show them all of the bills and all of your bank statements to show them that your income is well below your necessary expenses. Most all of the GAL will not just take the person's word for their situation, they want to see proof of what they are saying.

You also need to call the local Housing and Urban Development office and seek to get on their assisted housing list. People who are faced with emergency situations such as eviction may be given special consideration with them. They will need to see all your financial documentation as well.

Additionally, you mentioned the church, you need to find out from them, because of the urgent nature here, if they have anyone who can rent to you at what you can afford until you can get to the new attorney and he can get into court and fight to get your support payments increased so you can find a better place to live.

Right now those are all of your legal options based on what you have stated, so that you can address the emergency situation first and then work on getting a long term legal solution through the courts.