How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118764
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is an old judgment against me and the company who

Customer Question

There is an old judgment against me and the company who holds the judgment is trying to get personal information of mine, like my original application for credit with the cell carrier, and the copies of my most recent checks, bank info, or wire transfers of payment. Seems to me that information would be personal to my carrier and why would anyone be entitled to receive that info, especially with all the privacy laws out there now?
In addition, I was sued in a County that I do not live, work or reside in, nor have I ever. Also, the judgment is from a law firm that represented me in a case on a 1/3 contingency. They motioned to get out of the case, leaving me with no representation. The judge let them out. I gave them a $5000 retainer upfront and then they sued me for $14,000 afterward with no prior billing or accounting of the monies due, which I am not sure why in a contingency case there would be any. Need an attorney to handle and re-open this judgment as it was never answered.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids anyexpert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like.