Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I would like to know if a person can collect Social Security

Customer Question

I would like to know if a person can collect Social Security Disability Benefits if they have a Felony Warrant out for their Arrest. The Felony is non payment of child support.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

SSA changed its policy April 1 2009 and will suspend or deny benefits only if the individuals outstanding felony warrant was issued for one of the following three offenses, which are directly based on the concept of “fleeing”:

• Escape (offense code 4901)
  • Flight to avoid prosecution, confinement, etc (offense code 4902)
  • Flight-escape (offense code 4999)

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you