Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was involved in a accident that other drive was at fault

Customer Question
and my car is totaled...
I was involved in a accident that other drive was at fault and my car is totaled and insurance company has made a deal with me and sent me a contract im suppose to sogn notorize and physically mail to them along with my title and application for salvaged
title the contract says they will pay me $3000.00 what is no stated on contract is he will eeimburse for rental car and will pay to get my car from yow company and have towed to my location shoukd i sign and mail this paoerwork and trust that they will do
whar they say
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No you should not sign anything. You need to call them and tell them the amounts that need to be added to the payment. Do not send them anything until they agree to the towing costs and rental vehicle costs. Once you have agreed upon all of the payments you want added in there, you tell them then you will sign and send in everything and do not let them tell you they will add it later.

When we agreed he woukd pay rental car and tow yard he aent email with paperwork and it say sign and mail so i thought that another week or two or rental car and impound fees i woukd have to pay ahen waiting for the check so he put me in a rental car from enterprise cause it was a enterprise car that totalled mine so he gonna reimburse what i payed and now the car on them till check shows as far tow yard they $13 a day till it gets payed he asked for there number said he was going to handle it cause i coukd get a invoice showing the post sate amount cause we dont know when check will be in my hands exactly so sounds like he gonna handle that directly but until he does i need to either not sign contract or force him to rewrite it showing those details having to estimate yhe amount of time it will take and putting a number on it i am already getting horrible deal on the pay outamount

You need to get the proof of the costs to the towing/impound and rental cars and contact the insurer and tell them before you sign anything you want an agreement in writing they will pay those costs. Do not trust the verbal promises, because a verbal promise cannot change the written contract.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney