How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done to protect family from court guardian abuse

Customer Question

what can be done to protect family from court guardian abuse court appointed guardian more interested in moms assets than mom hiring care givers with lack of needed skills. Mom's health deteriorating daily. Guardian says he answers to none he's in charge
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only thing the family can do is file a motion in court to remove the guardian for breach of his duty to your mom. You have to present witnesses, such as doctors, to testify that your mom needs the care and you need to present evidence that the guardian knew of this and is denying payment for what your mother needs. That is the only way to defeat these guardians who all seem to be only interested in themselves and their own personal biases and not in doing their real jobs.