How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family living trust is: Wang Family Trust. I have one

Customer Question

Hello. My family living trust is : Wang Tang Family Trust. I have one home and two rental properties.
My home now is listed as Wang Tang Family Trust dated 7/31/2014 under my grand deed .
My second property is listed as Wang Tang Family Trust dated August 2014 under the grand deed.
My third property is listed as Wang Tang Family Trust dated August 1, 2014.
Question is: Do I need to go to the county reorder office to change all three properties name back to Wang Tang Family Trust by removing all the different dates ? So that
my Living Trust can be funded property or legally ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Yes you should do this.

The trust is funded, but you do have an issue with the title being slightly improper. It is usually easier to deal with it now (when you don't have an escrow date looming over you, or you don't have heirs that are trying to dispose of property that is improperly recorded), than it would be to wait.

It is possible to simply leave the title to the properties in the way that it is, and hope that nothing comes of it, but given that you are talking about significant investments (title to real property), it is probably worth doing the corrective deeds.