How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x-spouse and I have been divorced years apart years. We

Customer Question

Hello. My x-spouse and I have been divorced for 6 years apart for 8 years. We did not properly divide our assets at the time of divorce (I know very bad). We went to the bank at time of separation and took out a second mortgage on the primary property in order to finance a home for my soon to be x-spouse. We have lived separately and paid the mortgage payments for each resident independently ever since, but are still BOTH listed on both property titles and mortgages. We need to be taken off of one another's property titles and have separate individual mortgages. These two mortgages come due for renewal in January 2016. I would like to have this resolved before then. There is also a company pension that my x-spouse would like 1/2 of the value at the time of separation which I am willing to give to him. I would like some strong representation as we tried to resolve this legally 2 years ago without success (my lawyer was very young and inexperienced and wasn't able to offer strong legal counsel). Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like.