How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been retired nine years and pay a portion of my

Customer Question

I have been retired nine years and pay a portion of my annuity for surviving spouse. Situation has changed and we will separate and divorce. Is there a way to stop my contribution and or retrieve the monies I have contributed. She is a current federal employee wanting to work for several more years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, on what basis are you making the contribution? And a contribution towards what, exactly? Is this via court order? Why are you paying a portion of your annuity to your spouse?