How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3991
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mother's Estate planning included a "Living Trust" After her

Customer Question

Mother's Estate planning included a "Living Trust" After her death I took her TRUST REGISTRATION (filed in Fulton Co. in 1994), the LAST WILL & TESTAMENT and the ADVERSE PARTY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT into the TITLE Office to change to title of the only asset in mother's name, a 1973 International 1510 truck. I was informed that I need to bring paperwork from a PROBATE JUDGE before I can change any deceased's auto title in the state of Ohio. Is there no other course I can pursue? If not, can I do this pro se? If so, are there forms I must file out to file this action?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can do this yourself. It is not tht difficult. The clerk of the probate court will have the forms that you need. If the only asset is the vehicle, the clerk will have a simple form for you that will allow you to get a new title to the vehilce.

Had your mother registered the truck with a Transfer on Death deignation you could have avoided probate. Nevertheless this should not take too much time.

Here is a link to an example in PDF of the document that you need it is from Erie County, but the form will be the same in your county:

Note the clerk can not give you legal advice, but they can give you an example of the completed form.

Once you file the form the probate court will process it. You will not need to appear for any proceeding. You will get an Order in the mail allowing you to transfer the title. Once you have the order from the court you will return to the title office and obtain a new title.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Related Legal Questions