How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is moving to California (from Florida). He has filed

Customer Question

My son is moving to California (from Florida). He has filed a discrimination law suit against an international company (but it's an American co.). Initially, he filed it in California but lived in Florida. The case was eventually moved to Florida because he lived in Florida. He was advised that the case has a better chance of being successful in California, therefore he decided to move to California. He will become a resident of California in 3 weeks. He was advised further to drop the suit in Florida and refile it in California! Your advise on this matter would be deeply appreciated! Is this the right thing to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

This is good advice here based on his situation.Since he is relocating it makes sense to dismiss and refile there in
California.It is so much easier to do this logistics wise since he is relocating far away from Florida.This is a good way to proceed given the need to relocate.He can file in California and honestly California is notoriously liberal in this area and he is much more likely to have a positive outcome there rather than Florida.

It would also be easier for him to locate a California lawyer here to file this again and be able to work with them there.

Employment lawyer for him here.

Thanks again and I wish him the best here with the move and refiling.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated,