How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was totaled when a lady ran through a yield sign I

Customer Question

my car was totaled when a lady ran through a yield sign I was compensated for injuries and my car was paid off, but I am without a car and all the money I spent paying on the car. Am I legally entitled to a car or the money I spent into the car?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

To answer directly, you are entitled to seek enough compensation to cover injuries, both personal and property, that you were exposed to if the accident did not occur. But you are not entitled to more. By that I mean that if your car is worth $3,000 (for example), and you spent $10,000 on payments, you are entitled to just $3,000 as that is the value of the vehicle, and not what you paid down on it.


Dimitry, Esq.