Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

How do I get my felony and mistimeanor record exondged

Customer Question

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We need much more information from you in order to provide you the information you are seeking.

What state?

What was the felony charge?

What was the misdemeanor charge?
Was the felony a conviction or were you found not guilty or was it dismissed?

Was the misdemeanor a conviction or were you found not guilty or was it dismissed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calif., poss. Of drugs, unlawful detainer, and dui, no contest to all

Thank you for your reply. I am afraid I have some bad news for you here because this is in CA.

CA will not expunge convictions period and even if they did, it is only for one offense and a DUI cannot be expunged. There is a process in CA for someone who has one conviction, it involves filing a post conviction motion for relief asking the court to vacate the conviction and if the court agrees to vacate the conviction then it is vacated and dismissed and could be sealed. However, under CA law, they do not have typical expungements and no convictions can be actually expunged, they have to be vacated first and the DUI cannot be vacated, but it is possible that the possession and unlawful detainer might be and you would need a local attorney to file a motion to vacate the conviction and ask the court to vacate and dismiss.