Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My former spouse died August, 2014 and am I eligible to

Customer Question
receive his social security allegated...
My former spouse died August, 2014 and am I eligible to receive his social security allegated amount? I am 75 years old and we were married 27 years and neither re-married.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/9/2015
Lawyer: John, Attorney replied 2 years ago
John, Attorney

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

Yes you are entitled to receive 100% of his benefits because you never remarried and are well past retirement age. You have to apply for these at your nearest SS office.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Attorney