How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39048
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received some counterfit money from selling items on

Customer Question

I just received some counterfit money from selling items on craigslist, then I (unknowingly) bought an item using some(210.00) what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


Unfortunately, there is only one thing to do, unless you want to get into a lot of very serious trouble:

1. Contact the seller, and offer to return the merchandise, or alternatively pay for it with real money.

2. Contact the United States Secret Service field office, immediately.

If you don't do the foregoing, you could be charged with a federal felony offense of passing counterfeit currency.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!