How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19134
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sue by a debt collector, The summons was served to my niece

Customer Question

Sue by a debt collector, The summons was served to my niece who is 14 years old. According to Pennsylvania law, it is illegal. What to do in court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was expecting an answer right now. I have to be in court today at 9AM. I just pay 45 dollars for that
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and practicing consumer debt collection defense Attorney. I will be assisting you today.

You need to ask the Court to dismiss the case for improper service. The Court cannot hear the case until the Plaintiff has served you properly.

As for the delay in responding to your post, kindly note that I am only a site user just like you and thus I do not have any control over when questions are answered. I only answer questions when I am online and see them. In any event, I do apologize for the delay.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was right about the Pennsylvania law isn't it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Related Legal Questions