How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7305
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Brother was appointed trustee to manage the family business

Customer Question

Brother was appointed trustee to manage the family business in California. Irregularities in the trustee's business practices have been noted. Brother has been trustee for about 8 years & has a debilitating condition. No one has any confidence in his abilities. He refuses to hold meetings to go over business practices & the accounting. He directs us to contact his CPA who has sent us copies of general accounting records. We need to be able to dig deep into all relevant business operating records to determine the extent of fraudulent practices.
Please explain the procedural steps we must take to have our concerns addressed & to have him removed as trustee to the California trust.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Removal of a Trustee for cause is governed by the CA Probate Code Sections 15640 - 15645. In your situation Section 15642 is most applicable. If the Trust is not under court supervision, it can and would be so placed by the Petition for Removal of the trustee.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.