How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my wife are having Marital problems and we live in

Customer Question

Me and my wife are having Marital problems and we live in Georgetown KY. She has left 2 different times in 3 months. She has taken our 12 year old daughter both times. She has blocked my number from both phones. I have no idea where my daughter is and I am unable to talk to her. Back in June she took her out of the state for 10 days without telling me or letting me talk to her. She has now been gone for 4 days with the same senerio. Please advice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Unless there is a court order in place, both parents have an uninhibited right to their child. Thus, there's not much you can do against the mother to get the child back, etc. UNLESS you get a court order that says the mother doesn't have the right to take the child away as she has/doesn't have a right to custody, etc.

If divorce is on the horizon, you may want to go ahead and file and then ask for an emergency order giving you custody and requiring her to return or at least return with the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, you can't do anything legally until you have a court order in the primary action would be to file for divorce and then seek the emergency order requiring the child's return.