Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What type of evedence is presented at /dismissed with

Customer Question
prejudice case...
what type of evedence is presented at /dismissed with prejudice case
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2015
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here motion to dismiss with prejudice-the claimant has NO privilege to refile the case. Its done.

dismiss without prejudice--the case has been set aside, but the plaintiff may open another suit on the same claim .

Some reasons to dismiss a case with prejudice include:

• The case was settled and the amount agreed upon was fully paid.
  • The defendant named in the case is not the right person or business.
  • The case has already been heard and decided upon before – for example, in another court.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

The court based on evidence has ruled that dismissal with prejudice is warranted.This can be a situation where wrong party is named or cause of action is legally insufficient.

Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Here is California law on dismissals and the differences..

http://cc-courthelp.org/index.cfm?pageid=4876&noheader=1

Thanks again have a happy labor day weekend.

i wish to cancel my request/do not bill me
i have cancelled my request
cancel my request /this is the 3rd time i am saying cancel/cancel, cancel,cancel
what part of cancel my request don't you understand ?
CANCEL MY REQUEST
Ray, Lawyer