How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7307
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 year old daughter got in a car accident in her fathers

Customer Question

My 15 year old daughter got in a car accident in her fathers car today while we were out of town. We live in Nebraska and have state farm insurance. My concern is my daughter only had a school permit and was cited for school permit infraction because she wasn't coming or going to or from school. She also had a passenger who broke her collar bone. Will State Farm cover our liability still? We had no clue she was driving until her friends mother called us about the wreck.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Though policies will vary, the general rule is that anyone living in your house is typically covered when driving your car, unless expressly excluded on the policy. Her limited permit should not be an issue. if you impliedly allowed her to use your vehicle, she would be covered regardless of the license issue. Contact your agent as soon as possible to confirm coverage.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.