How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39051
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need to file a new wage assignment with the court if my

Customer Question

Do I need to file a new wage assignment with the court if my ex changes jobs? Or can I submit the original wage assignment to his new job
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


I'm assuming that this is child support. If spousal support, then the forms identified below are different, but you still need a new order.

You need a new Income Withholding Order (form FL-195). The instructions for the form are found in form FL-196.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!