Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My mugshot and text is in Central Point Albertsons and

Customer Question
Medford Starbucks. This went on...
my mugshot and text is in Central Point Albertsons and Medford Starbucks. This went on for a long time in CA yet I have never been arrested for anything and retired from the military after 20 years. Any action possible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
It seems I am supposed to be interested in young females. Why would I be interested in idiots?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/4/2015
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If the context of the text and mugshot creates a false derogatory statement about you then you may have a cause of action against these establsihents for defamation.

Defamation is an intentional tort (Torts are essentially personal injury lawsuits). Because it is an intentional tort you may be eligible for punitive damages, actual damages, as well as attorney's fees. Defamation actions must be taken in Superior Court (Small Claims Courts do not have jurisdiction for these cases).

Most attorneys who do this work will meet with you to assess yoursituation at no cost to you. Also the nature of Tort actions allow attorneys to take such cases on a contingency basis. This means that you will not pay attorney;s fees unless you obtain an award or settlement.

The following link provides more information on defamation:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/defamation-law-made-simple-29718.htmlHere is a link to help you find attorneys who do this type of work:

http://www.avvo.com/libel-slander-lawyer/ca.html

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer