Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

IFMY CHILD IS BEING EMOTIONALLY ABUSED/NEGLECTED IN THE

Customer Question
HANDS OF HER OWN MOTHERS...
IFMY CHILD IS BEING EMOTIONALLY ABUSED/NEGLECTED IN THE HANDS OF HER OWN MOTHERS CARE ,WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT REPORTING IT AND WITH WHICH AGENCY ?
I AM VERY SCARED THAT IF I MAKE A WRONG MOVE THAT IT CAN TURN OUT EVEN WORST FOR MY BABY AND SHE IS IN A VERY VOLATILE STAGE AS IS?
PLEASE I PROMISED TO HELP HER ,RIGHT BEFORE I DROPPED HER OFF THIS PAST TUESDAY SHE HAD UTTERED THE WORDS THAT MADE MY HAD SPIN AND MY HEART BREAK,SHE SAID AND I QUOTE IF YOU LEAVE ME THERE YOU WILL FIND ME HANGING FROM THE HEATING PIPE I CANNOT WILL NOT TAKE THIS ANYMORE??? I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP EAT OR THINK RATIONALLY BECAUSE I HAD EXPLAINED TO HER ,
THAN HONEY ITS A PROCESS ??PLEASE HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/3/2015
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear what your child is going through. What you need to do is immediately go to the Family Court that has your case file and ask the Court Clerk to give you the form for an "Emergency Petition for Special Relief". Fill out the form and ask that the Court give you temporary custody until the circumstances of your child's custody can be investigated. A hearing on Emergency Petitions is usually scheduled within 1 to 3 days of filing the Petition.

Please let me know if I have not Answered your question fully, and I will be glad to explain further,

If I have Answered your question, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney