How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i sue cnty sherriffs dept. false documentation? I asked

Customer Question

Can i sue clark cnty sherriffs dept. For overlooking false documentation? I asked the sherriff for assistance in getting my kids back, after 2 wks of searching for them. Finally i went to family court for answers. The clerk gave me an address on my kids
and stated that there had been a guardianship petition request but no final decisions made and i can go get my kids with no problem. But my aunt provided home made documentation to police stating that a judge signed over custody of my kids. So i wasnt able
to get my kids. It was all fake. that just bought her time. She called child protective service on me. CPS later determined that there were no substantial evidence proving these allegations to be true. My great aunt is very knowledgeable of falsifying paperwork.
Has a history of fruadulant activities. she also put on record to be my kids paternal grandmother. Also a lie.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under NV law, the government agencies, law enforcement in this case, are statutorily exempt from lawsuits in execution of their duties. The persons liable here would not be the sheriff or the CPS persons, it would be your sister and your great aunt and those are the persons you would have to sue in this matter, since the state which makes the laws has chosen to exempt government entities and employees from lawsuits in the performance of their duties. So you have to seek sanctions against your sister and aunt, including any attorney's fees, by suing them in court as part of your case to terminate the guardianship.