Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Cigna is saying a federal statute trumps Oklahoma law but

Customer Question

Cigna is saying a federal statute trumps Oklahoma law but she sited ERISA which is to my understanding an act to protect retirement benefits. Am I wrong and do you practice law accepting cases?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

ERISA governs all different types of employee benefit plans, not just retirement plans. ERISA covers employee health plans and other types of employee welfare benefit plans as well. ERISA defines an employee welfare benefit plan as a plan, fund, or program; established or maintained; by an employer, an employee organization, or both through the purchase of insurance or otherwise, for the purpose of providing medical, surgical, or hospital care or benefits or benefits in the event of sickness, accident or disability, for its participants or their beneficiaries. In addition, a reasonable person must be able to ascertain the intended benefits, a class of beneficiaries, the source of financing, and procedures for receiving benefits.

Unfortunately, state laws forbid us from representing anyone from this site, we are allowed to provide information only to customers to help educate them as to what their options or rights may be.