How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a former citizen of Venezuela. I want to know if it is

Customer Question

I am a former citizen of Venezuela. I want to know if it is possible to sue the dictator of Venezuela and the country of Venezuela for damages done to me and my family and then be able to execute against Citco which is owned by Venezuela but is a corporation in the US?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Such a case cannot be brought in any state in the US or in any US federal court because such claims are political claims against the Venezuelan government based upon internal government policies, practices and parties and the court(s) and/or any other legal forums in other countries will not address such claims. If this were a case where the Ven government took away your us PASSPORT and you could not leave the country of Ven because of it, then you could bring a suit against the ven government to release your passport. I truly wish I could tell you something different here, but it is what it is.