Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was t by a Pizza Hut delivery person in the Pizza Hut

Customer Question
I was hit by a...
I was hit by a Pizza Hut delivery person in the Pizza Hut parking lot .I was backed out of my spot and almost to what you might refer to as the center point so that I could pull forward,when the Pizza Hut driver started to back out and hit me on the corner of my passenger back bumper, he was not even out of his parking spot when he crashed my car.He admitted guilt said he had insurance that would cover him, however his insurance claims 50/50 fault and will not pay until I pay 50% of his damage which was a chip of the corner of his suv. I contend I was at no fault and have talked to management of Pizza Hut they say we can't do anything.I have about 1500 dollars of damage not to mention the frustration .my insurance will pay but I have to pay my 500 in deduction ,also with a 50/50 judgment my insurance rates will rise .it is a injustice I do not want to choke down. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/1/2015
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Usually, when two cars collide while backing out, both are partially at fault, regardless of who got out of the space first. If you looked and he was not backing up before you started, and there was nothing you could have done more carefully under the circumstances, then you have the option of filing a lawsuit against both the other driver and Pizza Hut. The store is responsible for negligent acts of any drivers who were working at the time. A suit for this amount would typically be filed in Small Claims Court.

Another option is to send a letter to Pizza Hut's corporate offices or legal department (or both), along with a copy of the accident report and any pictures you have, and see if they would be willing to pay you the $1,500 to avoid going to court. A lawsuit could cost them a lot more than $1,500 in legal fees, so they might be willing to work with you.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Thank you for your response , I do have more questions but do not have the time yet to finish our conversation,I might even call .but have not had the time yet , I will rate you as soon as I am done.just wanted you to know why I haven't finished yet .again thank you I will be in touch soon. Terri
I'm unfortunately not able to speak on the phone. I am going out of town for an extended period of time tomorrow and will not have internet access. If you're not able to post your questions today, I unfortunately will not be able to answer them for a couple of weeks. This site is more intended to be for fast questions and answers than extended interactions over a long period of time.
Lucy as you mentioned in your first response if there was nothing that I could have done ,and I was backing up before he was ,which was the case than possibably Pizza Hut might settle with me if I sent letters.there was no acciendent report .the police were tending to another acciendent on the street facing the Pizza Hut driver, my guess is that the pizza, driver was looking at that Acciendent and that is why he did not see me. The insurance company does not care that he admitted guilt or that he was in a hurry to deliver his pizzas,any way when I walked over to the police at the other acciendent he told me that he was the only police that could come to the Pizza Hut ,so either we could wait and that it would take quite a long time before he would be done with the acciendent he was at ,it was of a more serious nature or we could exchange insurance companies which is what we did.so I only have pictures of my damaged car and the chip off his corner bumper about the size 2 in by 4 inches. If you look at the pictures you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who's at fault.which is the Pizza Hut driver.i am wondering what the chances are that I might be able to convince Pizza Hut to pay .would it be a possibably that you could form and send a letter to the corporate office and the leaveler dept? If so how much would that cost ,just for the legal stuff. I am just so frustrated the insurance wins because both the rates of the drivers will go up,it won't matter to the driver because he just got sent to prison for at least 16 months.i guess it was for child abuse is what I heard from Pizza Hut.
09 September 2015 08:38
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I did send more questions,but I am not sure that you got them,so that is why I am requesting that you call me,you might try to find my last response ,before you call me ou send an e- mail to o
Me , I hit the wrong button sorry .
Lucy, Esq., Attorney