How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dish network box caught fire and my house what can I do

Customer Question

Dish network box caught fire and burnt my house what can I do about it I had insurance but I still don't have much. I lost everything in the fire what the fire didn't get the water and smoke did. And dish just givING me the run around
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to learn of your loss.

You may have a claim for products liability against the manufacturer of your cable box. Given the nature of your claim (the fact that you lost a huge amount of property), I highly recommend going to a local civil litigation attorney to consult with regarding your claim.

Most attorneys will at least give you a consultation for free (or at a reduced rate), and many will prosecute a viable claim on a "contingency fee" basis - meaning they advance the costs of litigation, plus their legal services in exchange for a portion of your recovery.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).