How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3914
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you help me with answer and affirmative defenses? I can

Customer Question

Can you help me with answer and affirmative defenses? I can email you the notice of action.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at XXX XXX XXXX please. I need to respond to a notice of action with and answer and affirmative defenses.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I see that you need a document review and wish a phone call. These are considered additional services under the rules of this site.

I am willing to try to help you with this. and will send you an additional sevices offer for you to consider.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


The document that you sent wto J/A was forwarded to me. I understand that you have declined the phone call option.

That is fine. I must let you know the limitations of this service. I can not prepare the pleading for you. We are not permitted to provide direct legal services, only educational information.

I can provide you links that may assist you in completeing the Answer and your affirmative defenses.

In that regard please review the following:

Also, if you visit a law library (State, County, or law school) ask the librarian for the Forms books. These books have examples of almost every type of pleading that you may need.

In regard to the Answer, you must respond with Admit, Deny, Can neither Admit or Deny because I lack sufficient Information to do so, or The paragraph asserts conclusions which do not call for a response. To the degree a response is required, then the paragraph is denied.

Once you work your way through the Answer, then you can begin on your affirmative defenses. You will plead the affirmative defenses in numbered paragraphs, just like the complaint is drawn. Although the format and the language is odd and difficult english, if you follow the examples provided you should be able to work through it.

I hope this information is helpful to you as you try to put together these documents. If you have not already done so you might consider contacting either legal aid, or the law schools to see if they run a self help clinic.

If you have specific follow up questions I will try to be as responsive as I can.

Kind regards,


I sincerely ***** ***** the best.