How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27239
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of lawyer should I use in small claims court? It

Customer Question

What type of lawyer should I use in small claims court? It is a financial matter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

What type of financial matter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both parties have a check with both their names on it. The defendant refuses to endorse the check unless they get 2/3 of the check.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Typically, in small claims court, parties represent themselves. However, if you wanted to retain counsel, you could. If both parties are entitled to half the money, then there should be no reason one party is demanding 2/3, without a basis to support it. This is a civil matter, so a civil litigation attorney would need to be hired. While it involves a check, it needs to be known why the party wants 2/3 and the basis they are using to claim it.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!