How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if you have settled a case [

Customer Question

I would like to know if you have settled a case [ workmans-comp] half monetary the other half is too pay for my medical [doctor visits all meds. etc...] and the workmans-comp make an offer to buy out my meds then stop paying for the meds andi I have to use my personal jnsurance and cash have they no legal obligation to the legal contract we agreeded to during the settlement agreement have they not breeched the contract? what would be my legal course of action at this point to re-coop my monetary damages and what legal action to take about the breech of contract?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Once you settle a case it is over. So if workers compensation wants to buy out your medical and you reject that offer, they have to keep paying as agreed in the settlement agreement. If they are not paying as agreed, they are in breach of contract and you have a right to sue for breach of that contract. If you sued already for breach of contract for this reason and lost though, if you did not appeal within the proper time you would have to seek to file a new suit if they still are not paying, because they are still in breach of contract and it is a new claim if they are still not paying.

The only way they would not be liable to pay for your medical bills would be if you took the lump sum settlement offer for medical when they made it to you. If you took that lump sum payment offer, then from that point forward you are liable for the payments.