How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116753
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please help. My son is in prison in Texas and has RA and was

Customer Question

Please help. My son is in prison in Texas and has RA and was just told on Monday morning he needs a full knee replacement. Just had a phone call from him and he has just fallen in water that was pooled up under a drinking fountain. The prison just did xrays and nothing broken but gave him ibuprofen. I told him to find a bag and get ice on his knee. It twisted behind him and he is in a lot of pain. Anything we can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about this. I am afraid that there is legally nothing you can do tonight. In the morning you can contact the medical staff or the warden to ask for him to get proper treatment. If he is not getting treatment then you would need to have an attorney file a motion in court for violation of his 8th amendment right and to ask the court to get him to treatment, but most times it never comes to that and the warden will make sure he gets the basic care he needs as that is the duty of the warden.