How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement from a Georgia (Catoosa County) court

Customer Question

I have a judgement from a Georgia (Catoosa County) court for approximately $5000.00 . The debtor (rent) lives and works in Georgia. The debtors company is in Cleveland, Tennessee. I have a certified judgement ,but, not a domestification form. How can I pursue garnishment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, because states give full faith and credit to the judgments of other states, your judgment and an order to garnish the wages of this individual should be acknowledged and complied with by the company in Tennessee that employs this individual. If you are unsuccessful at first, you should contact the Tennessee Attorney General's Office to get assistance in forcing the issue with the employer to get his wages garnished.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...I misread the question. You can pursue this through the Attorney General in Tennessee. They can assist you in the process of securing the wage garnishment.

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions or comments? Just want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks