How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in AZUSA CA in los Angeles County the 7days period to

Customer Question

I live in AZUSA CA in los Angeles County the 7days period to cancel my contract of solar panels had pass they are pressure saying that I have to paid back the permits like penalties what can I do? do I am going to be take to court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

So to be clear, the company is willing to let you out of the contract but are requesting you reimburse it for money already spent on your behalf?

And your problem is you do not have all the money to pay those fees in full?

What does the contract say in this regard? About Cancellation and what you will be responsible for, etc?

What information can I provide for you in this regard? What are your questions ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is one page that it said that you can cancel without penalty during the 7 days. After that we receive a penalty. This supposedly was a free program for solar CA and I don't think is helpful is a 20 year contract and not that much of savings. However they told me they had expenses. They thread me telling me that if I cancel after they have everything ready that lawyers will contact me to go to court because it was free I do not have the money to pay I can do payments but not all. What are my rights to whom I can take the contract for help. What type of lawyer?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Yes. It is a legally binding contract. And if you missed the cancellation period, then you will owe them the penalty or fess as they note. I suggest, if you want someone to review the contract you can consult with a local Contracts Attorney. However, if they bring you to court, if is possible the court would allow you to make payments over a period of time. If not, then they can get a judgment against you and then they can place liens on your bank accounts, garnish wages, and IRS returns.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If you are uncomfortable with the company and feel they are trying to pull one over on you, then you should consult with a local contracts attorney. You can use the CA Bar Association for a legal referral service.(###) ###-####

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Related Legal Questions