Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

My sister who is an 85 year old nun, who is visiting the

Customer Question

My sister who is an 85 year old nun, who is visiting the family in Portland lost all her ID information coming here. Her convent at Notre Dame sent me; 1-her birth certificate, 2-her expired passport. & 3- her picture ID card as a member of her convent at Notre Dame.
Question? will these be sufficient to get on her flight back on the 5th of Sept?
Phil DeNardis (###) ###-####
Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.

Hi Phil, and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear that your sister lost all her ID information. The TSA understands that these things happen and they have a list of acceptable ID's, which I'm including for you, here: CLICK

As you can see, they also can check publicly available databases to confirm your sister's identity and she should be able to fly. Her birth certificate and expired passport are not considered valid identification for these purposes, but will help find her information in the databases. Her picture ID card as a member of her convent at Notre Dame may be of help, as it contains her picture, but it is not a government issued, photo ID, like a driver's license or state ID card.

It sounds like she will have enough 'evidence' to prove who she is and as I mentioned, they will check the databases to confirm her identity.

My recommendation, under the circumstances, is for her to arrive at the airport about an hour earlier than usual, because this 'extra' step of verifying her identity without a government issued photo ID will take a little longer. She can tell the TSA screener, right away, that she lost all her ID on her trip, so they are aware of the situation and can help her immediately.

I hope all will go well and I wish your sister safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively, as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time, to ask for clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher