How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Limited Guardian husband. My husband is a Protected

Customer Question

Hello, I am Conservator and Limited Guardian for my husband. My husband is a Protected Individual. A company obtained a judgment against the Estate of my husband via extensive perjury by their main witness. The case is pending appeal. The appeal attorney failed to do a Motion for Stay of Enforcement of the Judgment pending the appeal and the company is trying to garnish my husband's Conservatorship accounts (which are not titled the same as the Judgment). The "Guide for Conservatorship of Adults" (available online) written by retired Attorney Mr. Geller, states that Conservatorship funds cannot be garnished by law. I am specifically looking for the legal citation(s) that support and/or state that Conservatorship funds cannot be garnished. Please help as some funds from the sale of my husband's business are already being frozen and I am unable to pay his bills as I am instructed to pay them under EPIC. And I am unable to find an attorney to take the case because of the appeal attorney - who is terrible at returning phone calls. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also need the legal citations and case law supporting that their adding my name as judgment debtor when the judgment is not against me is also not allowed by law. Also, the funds they have frozen are from the sale of my husband's business. His social security does not cover his house payment and the funds from the sale of his business are needed for his care - including his food, utilities, rest of house payment, medical supplies, and other items listed under EPIC (Estates and Protected Individual's Code). This is a Michigan case. After I am successful in fighting this I hope to find help in going after this company for the damages caused by their extensive perjury and intentional infliction of emotional and financial distress and disruption of life and pursuit of happiness. Thank you.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer,

I am very sorry to hear how you and your husband are being treated and how little assistance your attorney has given you in this regard. JustAnswer is a forum where individuals may ask a question and receive an Answer or Answers. Your request entails quite a few hours of legal research and the only way that this research can be done is if you pay for "Additional Services". We do not have a law library here and the necessary Michigan legal references are not available to us.

Is there any question that I can Answer for you today ?

Please let me know and I will be glad to assist you in that regard,

Kindest Regards,