How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117420
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and 8 yr old grandgal lives with me. yrs she has

Customer Question

my daughter and 8 yr old grandgal lives with me. for 5 yrs she has not gotten a job or paid anythings.she;s mentally ill and verbally abusive to me. my health is affected . i have heart trouble and diabetis.. what can i do to get rid of them and sell my home i can't afford them any more, too much stuff on floor on way to kaundry room
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can evict your daughter. You have to start by giving her a written 30 day notice to leave your property, since she has been there more than 30 days. If she does not leave within 30 days of you telling her in writing to do so, then you have to go to the local court and ask the clerk for a "Petition for Eviction" or "Petition for unlawful detainer" (same thing, each court calls it something different) and you would fill that out with a summons and you file the petition in the court and you serve your daughter a copy of the petition and summons through the sheriff. She will have to appear in court and the court will then tell her she must leave and if she does not they will send the sheriff to remove her.
This is the process you need to follow to get her out.

Related Legal Questions