How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a will written by my sister who was killed in a auto

Customer Question

I have a will written by my sister who was killed in a auto accident naming her only child as executor. He died mysteriously after settling two lawsuits against the car dealership and General Motors and won several millions. Shortly thereafter his attorney passed away 5 months later. I was named as executrix with all rights of the executor granting me all rights and privileges. I was never notified of his death nor contacted by anyone from the law office even after calling leaving all my information to contact me. I could not even obtain an obituary because the attorneys wife took over my role as the guardian and signed her name on the house with my nephew as co-owner. Is there a statue of limitationson on such a case.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
I am sorry to learn about this matter, and I am very sorry to learn of the loss of life in your family, please accept my condolences.
I believe you may be having trouble finding counsel partially because you are asking attorneys to take on the case on the wrong basis - asking an attorney to work "pro bono" means you are asking the attorney to work for free (they aren't going to do this for this kind of case). HOWEVER, you can likely find an attorney that will take this case on a "contingency fee basis" - meaning the attorney will advance the costs of litigation and their legal services in exchange for a portion of your recovery (so you don't have to pay any out of pocket expenses).
Be patient when trying to find an attorney, you may have to call a few civil litigation attorneys before you find one. You have a rather unique case, but I do believe you have one worth pursuing. The statute of limitations issue is a rather complicated one (I do advise moving quickly), but there are some factors that can likely act in your favor to "toll" them ('delayed discovery' etc.) if this becomes an issue - a local attorney can discuss these in more detail but if you move quickly at this point, I don't believe it will be an insurmountable problem or issue.
You can find local civil litigation attorneys using the State Bar Association directory: , or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).