Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I work Publishing Company in Kendallville,Indiana. I'm

Customer Question
I work for Kendallville Publishing...
I work for Kendallville Publishing Company in Kendallville,Indiana. I'm supposed to be paid commission the last pay period of each month. In July I didn't receive it until I went to the big boss Terry Householder. He passed me off to his right hand ***** *****. I did receive my pay later the next week. It's now August. Commission was to be paid on the 21st. It was not. I'm also to be paid 25 cents for each retention call I make. I didn't get that pay either. My check is paid online from ADP. I can't see any breakdowns of my check and receive no paperwork to look at either. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
8/23/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

If your employer does not pay you on a regularly scheduled payday, you should first ask your employer in writing to give you your paycheck. Keep a copy of the letter. Try to follow whatever procedures your employer has for settling paycheck problems. If you still do not get your pay, you can file a wage claim with the Indiana Division of Labor, 402 West Washington Street, Room 195, Indianapolis, IN###-##-####(###) ###-####

- See more at: http://www.indianalegalservices.org/node/328/what-if-my-employer-doesnt-pay-me#sthash.4t5cpENM.dpuf

Online claim form: http://www.in.gov/dol/2734.htm

If the above fails, contact an employment law attorney (not a worker's compensation attorney - the two are different types of lawyers).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney