How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work Publishing Company in Kendallville,Indiana. I'm

Customer Question

I work for Kendallville Publishing Company in Kendallville,Indiana. I'm supposed to be paid commission the last pay period of each month. In July I didn't receive it until I went to the big boss Terry Householder. He passed me off to his right hand ***** *****. I did receive my pay later the next week. It's now August. Commission was to be paid on the 21st. It was not. I'm also to be paid 25 cents for each retention call I make. I didn't get that pay either. My check is paid online from ADP. I can't see any breakdowns of my check and receive no paperwork to look at either. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If your employer does not pay you on a regularly scheduled payday, you should first ask your employer in writing to give you your paycheck. Keep a copy of the letter. Try to follow whatever procedures your employer has for settling paycheck problems. If you still do not get your pay, you can file a wage claim with the Indiana Division of Labor, 402 West Washington Street, Room 195, Indianapolis, IN###-##-####(###) ###-####

- See more at:

Online claim form:

If the above fails, contact an employment law attorney (not a worker's compensation attorney - the two are different types of lawyers).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).