Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My son was charged with a drug dui July 31st this is s

Customer Question
My son was charged with...
My son was charged with a drug dui July 31st this is his second one he received his first November 2014 that one was alcohol. He blew 0.0 but agreed to blood and urine samples. The results haven't come back yet .also he is on probation and has a strike
He is 24 should I hire an attorney again
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
8/23/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

I always recommend hiring a lawyer when there is a potential for criminal liability.

While he may not have any issues with a DUI based on alcohol consumption (you say he blew a 0.0), the blood and urine samples test for other substances as well. Even if he is found not to have been driving under the influence, if he is still on probation, he may have a violation of probation issue.

Hopefully hiring counsel is only precautionary, but this is probably a good idea (there is probably a reason why he was asked to give urine and blood samples even though he didn't have a positive breathalizer test).

Your son should speak with his defense attorney, but in general, do not speak with law enforcement unless your attorney is present (even "informal" questioning can lead to incriminating statements).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney