How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a Complete Set of Topps Baseball Cards, which I

Customer Question

I bought a Complete Set of Topps Baseball Cards, which I paid over $70 with taxes. The set was a 2012 set that I was going to save for my grandson and did not open them to keep them in pristine condition. On July 14th of this year, during the All Star Game, my family insisted that I opened them, so I did. We had a special Rookie that we all liked and saw that his rookie was in the set. Since All the names and card #***** were written on the bottom of the sealed box. When I opened the box to go to the # ***** said it was at, I was very surprised to see that the cards were all mixed up, up side down, and backwards. So, it took me two days to put every card in order to be able to pick out any card I wanted to. When I was all done and had them in order, I discovered that there was one rookie card missing from the set. When I confronted the Topps Company on numerous occasions about this, they told me that since it was a set that was over a year old, there was nothing they could do for me. I real
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
The rest of your post was cut off.
What is your question?
What is the timeframe stated for refund or replacement by the Seller?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want what I paid for or be compensated for it. Is this possible ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a lot missing from this post, I don't remember everything I said.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information:
I want what I paid for or be compensated for it. Is this possible ?
Response: If the time period for replacement or refund has not passed, you can ask for the missing card to be replaced or be compensated for it. If the company refuses, you can pursue legal action against the company. You may also file complaint with the Better Business Bureau
If the time period for asking for refund has passed, the company has no legal obligation to replace the missing card or compensate you for it. You need to review the terms of your purchase for your options.