Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Can PNC close all of my bank accounts my personal bank

Customer Question

Can PNC close all of my bank accounts my personal bank accounts and not give me a reason as to why the reason I am asking is we are in the adult entertainment business and I own a strip club therefore I was thinking on the terms of operation choke point
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
When you open accounts you sign an account agreement with the bank. So, the relationship is based on that contract. All the account agreements I have seen allow the banks to terminate the accounts at their discretion at any time.
The only limitation is that they may not do so based upon race, religion, ethnicity, etc.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Best regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have to disclose a reason they are closing my account is that correct because they are saying they don't have to give me a reason
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

They only have to disclose the reason if you have reason to allege a civil rights violation (race, religion, ethnicity, etc.).

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Then they would need to refute the claim.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?