Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A friend is upset with a local animal rescue place, with

Customer Question
presumed anecdotal evidence of mishandling...
A friend is upset with a local animal rescue place, with presumed anecdotal evidence of mishandling donations. My Friend used to work for her and quit for those reasons, but continues to rescue on her own, without any donations.
My friends concerns go beyond this with things like throwing dead animals in dumpsters instead of proper/legal disposal.
She is asking me for guidance - what she should do. We also live in a small town and she is worried that if this does not get resolved/stop, the publicity for our town will be so very negative.
Can you provide recommendations?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
8/21/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The State Attorney General and State Police can investigate claims of animal abuse and theft if she has some proof she can give them to start an investigation. So that is going to need to be her first step, file the complaints. If she does not have enough evidence, you need to have her gather more evidence as possible before she makes her complaint.
Other than complaining to the Attorney General and State Police, that is really the only recourse she has other than filing a complaint with the GA SPCA who can look into the allegations.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney