How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know exactly where the ride of way on my property

Customer Question

I need to know exactly where the ride of way on my property is and how wide I'm required to have it. I live on Selah Was 98942
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

The answer to this question is going to be in your property's title records. If you do not have a full copy of your property's title report, you can order one from a title company or an escrow company (Old Republic, First American, and Chicago Title are all large companies that can do this for you quickly and for a relatively small fee).

Depending on how the easement is written, it may be easily read (some are written so that they measure from the center of the roadway, or some similar marker), while others use survey markers (plats and lines), and you will actually need to hire a surveyor to give you this information (they may or may not have to actually come to your property (many can provide you with information using satellite or map technology depending on your needs).

Related Legal Questions