How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117458
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was looking at your answer about suing a us congressman. I

Customer Question

david I was looking at your answer about suing a us congressman. I feel the republican members of the committee of the Benghazi are using taxpayer money to go after hiliary Clinton and I feel that is wrong and illegal with my and your money and I would like to know if I can sue to see there financial records and where they are paying money for and to whom!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The financial records of all elected members of congress are public record and they must submit financial reports annually that show their income and also all of their donations. You would be able to see that information through the Clerk of the House of Representatives page: and the Senate Ethics committee:

As far as suing a politician for their actions in the performance of their elected duties, this is called a "political question" and the constitutional separation of powers prevents the court from intervening in any case or controversy that is a political question. It is a political question because congress has the right to conduct investigations of the nature you are describing and the way to voice your displeasure is at the voting polls by voting out those members you believe are not performing their duties the way you want them to perform.