How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rent check from December 2007 which I failed to

Customer Question

I have a rent check from December 2007 which I failed to cash. The bank does not cash it and my old tenant refused to replace it with a new one. Can I get the court order her to give me a new one? What do I need to show the judge aside the uncashed check?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, the Statute of Limitations to collect on a bank check is 4 years from the time the bank check was issued, so I am afraid that the statute of limitations has long expired if the check was issued in 2007.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any related follow up questions for me? If not please positively rate my answer, so I can receive credit for my work.

Thank you.