How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to complete a name change. However, I want this name

Customer Question

I want to complete a name change. However, I want this name change to be done secretly. I have spent the last two years in a harassment lawsuit. The suit is settled, but now I want to keep from being harassed in the future. I'm in Phoenix, AZ.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, outside of the federal witness protection program designed for federal witnesses in high profile drug and mafia cases, any legal name change would require publication and also the name change records do remain part of the public records, so I am afraid there is no real option to have a "secret" legal name change.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer. Please refund all amounts charged.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that the law might not favor your situation, but please don't hold it against me personally, your dissatisfaction reflects on my good reputation with this website.
Please let me know why you feel my correct and accurate answer is not satisfactory to you and also please let me know what related follow up questions do you have for me or what additional information are you seeking at this time?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any related follow up questions for me? If not please positively rate my answer, so I can receive credit for my work.

Thank you.