How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son went to a sports medicine clinic / one of their

Customer Question

My son went to a sports medicine clinic / one of their doctors accessed his personal information to see where works and called them with a complaint and gave them false information due to a civil matter between me and the doctor . I am a jr. My son is a third /. Should he use the personal information of my son given at his office ( he is not my sons doctor) it is mulit injury place with many medical personnel .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

No, this is a HIPPA violation (for starters), you can report that violation to the US Dept. of Health and Human Services, here:

You may have other causes of action against the clinician as well in the associated civil matter (usually this will be dealt with in a motion for sanctions - sanctions can include monetary sanctions, issue preclusion, including or excluding evidence, or even "terminating sanctions" (a judgment entered in your favor - this is extreme and very rare)).